If you’re into all things crystals & gemstones you may have noticed a new trend with Carnelian on social media lately. Creators are making claims that this stone is attracting the love interest that have ignored them previously. From ex love interest crawling back to random strangers complimenting your appearance is Carnelian the stone to change your fortune?
Truth is gemstones and their mystical healing properties aren’t a new trend. Their powers have been accessed since the times of ancient Egypt and Greece, and have captivated people for centuries. There is a deep and mystical history behind the use of gemstones, a history that helps us connect with them today.
What is Carnelian?
A glassy, translucent stone, Carnelian is an orange-colored variety of Chalcedony, a mineral of the Quartz family. Its color varies from pale pinkish-orange to a deep rusty brown, though it is most known for its brilliant orange and red-orange crystals. Its name comes from a Latin word meaning “flesh.” Similar to carnelian is sard, which is generally harder and darker. Both carnelian and sard are varieties of the silica mineral chalcedony colored by impurities of iron oxide.
- Carnelian was used as a burial amulet in Ancient Egypt. It was believed to give the dead safe passage into the afterlife. It is now used to help remove the fear of death.
- It is full of life force energy. Use it when practicing yang yoga for a boost of vitality and motivation to keep going.
- It has the ability to cleanse other stones.
- Ancient Egyptians called it the “setting sun” and it is associated with solar and fire energies.
- In Egypt, it was worn by master architects to show rank and status.
- Ancient Egyptians associated it with the menstrual blood of the goddess Isis. Now it is associated with fertility and creation.
- It is a birthstone of the zodiac sign, Virgo.
- Worn in ancient times to give courage during battle.
- It connects to the Sacral Chakra.
Carnelian Metaphysical & Healing Proprieties
- Connect with your creative nature and ignite your inner passion.
- Confidence and self esteem boosting
- Increases personal power and physical energy.
- Gives courage and compassion.
- Enhance vitality and will, providing higher energy needed when approaching new projects and dreams.
- Carnelian focuses analytical capabilities, and aids meditation by allowing deeper concentration.
- Carnelian calms anger and grounds you in reality.
- Relieves PMS and menopausal symptoms as well as assisting in the areas of fertility and potency.
- Boost a listless attitude and can stimulate the appetite.
- Attract prosperity, new resources, and good luck.
- Guards the home against theft, fire, storm, or accident.
- Rekindling passions that might have faded in an otherwise loving relationship.
- Stimulates metabolism and a good supply of blood to the organs and tissues.
- Influences the reproductive organs of both sexes, and increases fertility.
- Accelerates scarification and heals nosebleeds.
- Helps heal lower back problems, rheumatism, arthritis, neuralgia.
- Excellent support for detoxifying from alcohol or other drugs, breaking bad physical habits.
How to use Carnelian
One of the best ways to benefit from the Carnelian energy and vitality is wearing this crystal when you need that extra boost. There are several options available, from rings to earrings, necklaces or bracelets, it will help you maintain that energy throughout the day. If you are seeking physical healing from these crystals, then wearing them on the wrist is recommended. If you are in need of more metaphysical or meditative properties from carnelian, we’d encourage you to wear them on the fingers, or to hold the stones in your hand during meditation. Carnelian earrings are great for anyone who needs a bit of grounding throughout the day, as they may feel their head drifting off into the clouds quite easily. You can also use Carnelian for meditation, to help you get rid of envy or to release any type of pain caused by others, negative emotions, and to help you move forward. Think of this crystal as the blazing sun with that warm energy that empowers and stimulates you. Because of this stimulating energy, avoid having this stone in the bedroom or need your bed.